It’s 9:30pm and I’m trapped in the middle of blogger’s block…..I think the last 7 days have stripped me from my sense of humor and originality temporarily (I hope)….so I thought I’d share something that has come up pretty frequently at work as of late.
With the opening of our new facility we’ve been fortunate to have a handful of folks stopping in to get a glimpse at our services…and ask us (sometimes the most daunting question) “So what do you guys do at Pro-Activity?” In all honestly, this has proven to be a difficult thing to articulate….
- Is this place a fitness facility, a cafe, a physical therapy place, or for personal training? – Ummm….well, Yes.
- To which one? – All of them
- I heard you have people who work with companies and put programs together to help their workforce stay healthy and injury free – Yup…those guys hustle….they consult with literally thousands of folks throughout the tri-state.
- What’s with this Fuel Good Cafe, is it open to the public….it looks like there’s wi-fi…is the food good? – Yes, Yes, and Yes….well at least the feedback has been great!
- Didn’t you guys offer Flu Shots and Cholesterol screenings last year at our job-site- yeah…we did a few of these, like 5,000 🙂
- I heard you guys are into Endurance Sports – do you guys do any endurance coaching – hmm…yup…we’ve actually got a whole team of folks…a few of them have even coached and competed at an elite level…you may have seen them this weekend on ESPN at the USATF National Championships!
- What about if someone wanted to lose weight, can you help them with their nutrition – Yes, most people who have worked with our health coaches remotely have lost on average 1-2 pounds per week over the first 3 months, and have kept it off! Last year a guy lost 100 pounds.
- Do you ever work with athletes – Sure….at the moment we’ve got wrestlers, cheerleaders, softball / baseball players, a soccer crowd, a handful of gridiron guys, a laxer or two or five, some runners, and then there’s the crowd that does a little of everything
- So are you therapists, or trainers, or consultants, or coaches – Yes
- So what do you do here…..ha